Renew Passport Online – Indian Passport Renewal Online Procedure |Regional & Diplomatic Passport :
Renew Passport Online or Indian Passport Renewal Process & Indian Passport Renewal Online Procedure is now available Here . A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country’s government, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. Typically, it contains information such as the holder’s name, place and date of birth, photograph, signature, and other identifying information. It also contains a unique identification number which is assigned to the passport when it is issued. Passports are moving towards being digital documents with use cases in passports being processed electronically.
Requirements for obtaining an Indian passport:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Possess a valid Indian address where he/she will be residing for at least two years after receiving the passport
- Be of sound mind and not suffer from any disability which is likely to affect his/her ability to function as a member of society
- Must have attained the age of 18 years or above on or before 1st January in the year of application.
- The minimum age requirement is waived if applying for a diplomatic or official passport. A child’s parent or guardian
How To Renew Passport Online – Indian Passport Renewal Online Process :
This guide is to help Indian citizens renew their passport in India. The Indian Passport Act of 1920, as amended by the Passports (Amendment) Act, 2002, empowers the Central Government to issue passports under certain conditions . Your passport must be a valid one in order to renew it. It is a requirement that you have a valid passport in order to apply for a new one. If your passport has expired, you will have to wait until the expiration date before applying for a new one.
- Renewing your passport online can be done via the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation by following a few guidelines.
- First, a person needs to log on to the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Find their nearest consulate or embassy from among those that are listed on the website.
- Find the contact information for that particular embassy or consulate.
- Gather all necessary documents as specified by this specific consulate or embassy as well as their instructions for application procedures before submitting an application form for renewal online.
- For example, one might need to provide a copy of photo ID or passport, original copy of birth certificate, photocopy of residence permit, photocopy of spouse’s ID card if applicable etc., depending on one’s nationality and residency status.
Indian Passport Renewal Process Online at Passport Seva Website @ http://Passportindia.gov.in :
- Please note that before going this procedure , you must have a valid Indian Passport which is not expired . US Passport Renewal Online In India & Canadian passport Renewal Procedure is different when compared to indian procedure
- Open Indian Passport Portal @ http://indianpassport.gov.in
- The Direct URL To Renew Passport Is @ https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/RegistrationBaseAction?
- After opening the Passport India Page , Select Existing User Login . Enter your login details to log on into passport india portal . If you forget the login credentials Provide all your details like name , Date of birth , Passport Number to get forget password link into your mail id
- After successful login, Under My account section you will have your passport details . There select Renew Option and fill additional details which has asked in the webpage
- In next step complete payment procedure and select Nearest Passport Office Or Passport Seva Kendra ad schedule time slot / Book Time slot for renewing .
- Now take print copy of acknowledgement slip and visit the Passport office or Passport Seva Kendra at your Scheduled day along with 2 passport size photographs and Old Passport copy , Residential proof and all other relevant documents .