Income Tax E Filing – Income Tax Return | Efiling 2.0 Step Wise Method :
Income Tax E Filing Is available Here . file Your Income Tax Return & Pay Your ITR Now . Generally there are two ways to file Income Tax Returns . Which are 1.Paying Incometax through Online , 2. Filing Income Tax Through offline . In offline method We need to download the suitable & Applicable ITR Form , Fill the downloaded application form with your details and relevant information , Convert it into xml document , Upload the prepared xml document into Income Tax login Page . But when we come to online mode we will fill all our relevant data in direct online application only . To do this task we need to fill an online application at efiling 2.0 Portal ad then submit the same application . Please mind that a tax payer can file ITR 1 & ITR 4 Online .Here in below we are giving a detailed procedure in 10 Steps for both Online & Offline methods . Use the step wise procedure as reference.
In Offline method to file our ITR we need to use either Excel Utility or Java Utility . Which means we are required to download a Software file and then install it in our personal computer to make relevant format to upload xml file in the completion of ITR submission . The said software application will be available in 2 formats which are Excel Format and second one is Java format . Java enabled computers are recommended to download Java Based Application . Who are not java enabled are advised to download excel based application . After ” Income Tax Software Download ” we need to install it and then we need fill our details .
How To Pay Income Tax Return Offline | 10 Steps To Complete Your Income Tax E Filing :
- Step 1 : First We need to download Software Utility to file ITR in Offline Method . To e-file ITR using the xml file upload method , An user must to download the software application either java based or excel based .
- Step 2 : Open http://www.Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in , Under Download Section Select IT Return Preparation Software Download . Now it will take you to a new page where you have to Select Assessment Year as which year you want to file Income Tax Return and then in the down side of the page you have ITR 1 , ITR 2 , ITR 3 , ITR 4 , ITR 5 , ITR 6 , ITR 7 options . At every option you have both Java Oriented Application and Microsoft Excel based application . Download the Relevant software to your pc .
- Step 3 : When you click on Download , A zip folder file will be download to your computer . Extract the zip folder with Winzip and then open the folder . In the folder you have Java or Microsoft Excel Application . Click on the application to extract it to install it.
- Please Note that Microsoft Excel utilities contain MS Office 2007/2010/2013 application which require Operating System Windown 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 with Net Frame work 35 Above .
- For Java Utility , which required windows 7 / 8 / 10 or Linux or Mac OS 10 or above operating systems with JRE version 8.0 or above
- Step 4 : After suitable software installation , open it and fill the application with relevant details like income , savings , deductions , house rent , house emi , donations and more .
- if you want reference XML for help , which has already filled with correct details is available in Efiling Portal under —> My Account –> Download Pre Filled XML
- Step 5 : Validate the all Tabs which are given in the application and then calculate your tax amount
- Step 6 : After Successful completion of calculating the tax amount , convert the application into xml format by generate and Saving the Application .
- Step 7 : Now log in to Income Tax Login Portal with your Login credentials . Basically the login user id is your Pan Card Number and Password is your generated password . Enter captcha Code and click on login to open IncomeTaxindiaefiling Portal
- At New Income Tax Login 2.0 Portal we can log in with Pan Card / Aadhar Card / USER ID
- Step 8 : After opening Income Tax Login Page , Select Individual / Salaried Person / and Income Tax Return menu . Select Assessment Year , Select ITR Form Number , Select Filing Type as original / Revised return and Select Submission Mode as Upload XML type . After choosing all options , Select Any one of type authentication to verify income tax return .
- Step 9 : There are different options to E – Verify the Income Tax Return . Which are Verifying through
- Digital Signature Certificate – DSC
- Aadhar OTP
- Using Bank Account Details
- Using Internet Banking
- Using Demat Account Details
- Already Generated EVC through My Account tab – Through Bank ATM
- We can also use e-Verify later – Remind me
- By sending a signed copy of ITR – 5 copy through Speed post to ” centralized processing center , Income Tax Department , Benguluru – 560510 .
- Step 10 : Click On Continue and the Upload the generated XML File in the website and the Submit the ITR using Submit option to complete your Income Tax Return E- Filing process